"Insuring Your Dreams"

Speak To An Agent Now


The Different Types of Auto Insurance Coverage in Sunrise Florida

Auto Insurance Sunrise

If you are buying a car for the first time, getting auto insurance in Sunrise FL can be challenging. For one, there are so many different kind of policies, and it can get pretty confusing choosing one that best fits your needs. The other problem is that many people consider all auto insurance policies to be the same, because they all come with a relatively high cost. But what we must understand is that a majority of the states in the US, including Florida, make it mandatory to have at least a basic level of auto insurance.

General Information

Florida is a No-Fault insurance state, which means the mandatory insurance policy will cover specified claims, up to the policy limits, regardless of who was to blame in the accident.

Get a Combined Insurance Package

A single insurance policy may not cover every type of damage pertaining to a business. For example, some policies may cover legal fees incurred during a lawsuit while others may cover damage to warehouses or workers. This is why it may be necessary to get additional coverage. Instead of getting multiple insurance policies and potentially raising your premium costs , consider a package policy such as Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) which can be customized to meet your needs.

Mandatory Insurance Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

Drivers are required to get PIP insurance to drive legally in the state. PIP covers medical bills, work loss,replacement services and death, up to the policy limits, that are incurred due to an accident. The PIP policy limit is $10,000 and there is percentage allowance for each of the four areas of coverage. The coverage is not limited to the driver, but also extends to their immediate family and with any passengers in the car that may not have their own PIP policy.

Property Damage Liability

You must also carry Property Damage Liability (PD) with a minimum of $10,000 as described in Part A below. This is also a requirement of the Florida Financial Responsibility Law.

Florida Financial Responsibility Law

Chapter 324, § 324.011 F. S.

Summary – The law is in placed force by an accident which involves: bodily injury; or property damage when a vehicle is rendered inoperative; or serious traffic violations, such as DUI or committing a felony with a motor vehicle.To meet the requirements of the Law you must carry Bodily Injury (BI) liability coverage and Property Damage (PD) liability. The minimum coverage specified by law for Bodily Injury is $10,000 per person, $20,000 per accident. The minimum requirement is $10,000 for Property Damage coverage.

Part A- Liability Property Damage Liability (PD)

Property Damage Liability is insurance coverage that covers damage that someone else’s property may have suffered as the result of an accident for which you are legally liable. The lower limit for this insurance is once again $10,000.

Bodily Injury Liability (BI)

Bodily Injury liability insurance is required to pay the medical bills of anyone injured in the accident for which you are legally liable. The minimum limit for this is $10,000 per person and $20,000 per accident

Recommended Insurance Coverage Part B- Medical Payments

Medical Payments (MP) is insurance coverage that pays expenses for necessary medical and funeral services to persons injured by accident. Any amount payable for MP is reduced by amounts payable for the same expense under Liability, PIP, or Uninsured Motorists coverage’s.

Part C- Uninsured Motorists Coverage

Suppose there’s a scenario where you are involved in an accident and the other driver (who is at fault) doesn’t have any liability insurance coverage or has coverage limits that are lower than your medical expenses, Uninsured Motorists coverage will help pay for your medical bills. It will not provide duplicate coverage, in other words it pays after all other available coverage’s have been used.

Collision and Other than Collision (Comprehensive)

Collision means just that. It means upset or impact with another object subject to provisions of the policy. Everything else falls under Other than Collision (Comprehensive), such as falling objects, fire, theft, larceny, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, flood, vandalism, riot, contact with a bird or animal, and breakage of glass.

Other than Collision (Comprehensive) can be purchased alone but in order to get Collision you must purchase both Collision and Comprehensive together.

Request a Quote Today!